Thanksgiving may have wrapped up, but we have the perfect fall recipe to enjoy with those yummy leftovers! This creamy pumpkin soup is vegan, gluten-free, low fat, and delicious!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cans 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)*
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup oz. pea milk
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia brown sugar blend
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried leaf oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 – 10 oz. frozen riced cauliflower
- Pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and add onion.
- Cook onion for about 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully stir in the pumpkin, vegetable broth, pea milk, 1 tablespoon Truvia brown sugar blend, ground ginger, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, dried leaf oregano, and dried thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Microwave rice cauliflower as directed. Then add to soup, stir and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds