The Jefferson School of Health Policy and Population Health

26
Oct

I wanted to give our readers an update on the progress of the new Jefferson School of Health Policy and Population Health. I am happy to report that we have successfully brought on board a great leader for the Masters Program in Health Care Quality and Safety, namely Dr Susan DesHarnais from Penn State Medical School at Hershey. Susan is an accomplished scholar and teacher who will be responsible for this program in the new school. We have finished our new school bylaws which we hope will be approved by the Board of the University at their winter meeting. We have begun to sculpt the content and sequence of the key courses across several of the Masters Programs and they are coming together nicely. We have accessed additional space on our campus to house many of our new recruits. Our new book on healthcare governance will be out very shortly and we will add this book to our other faculty edited texts, currently in use in the program.We are about to confirm a new communications director and very shortly, we will be publishing our first of many new brochures. For now, please visit our expanding web site at www.jefferson.edu/jshpph/. Thanks again for your support and I sure would like to hear from you. What do you think of our efforts to date?? Where do you think our initial class roster will come from?? What would YOU put in a Masters program in quality and safety?? Thanks for our support, DAVID NASH

Comments

• November 12, 2008

I wonder how others feel on this subject.

http://www.vaccinerx.com

• February 2, 2009

Dr. Nash:

It was with great interest that I read your update about the JSPPH and the Masters in Quality and Safety.

I am a Registered Nurse with Masters Degree in Nursing, and I’m looking forward to applying for the Fall 2009.

As far as curriculum, “I” would include courses that provide introductory and advance understanding of factors that are considered drivers of quality improvement.

So, aside from Quality Improvement and Patient Safety courses, I would include Healthcare Financial Management, Human Resource management, Leadership in Healthcare Organizations, Technology / Informatics in Healthcare, and Research methods in Healthcare.

To attract diverse students, I would design the program and the related field experience to allow flexibility for working professionals.

Looking forward for more news.
    Jo

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *