Emily Rubin, RD, a Clinical Dietitian in the Jefferson Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, shares her recipe for a gluten free, antioxidant rich, high fiber, high protein, low carb pasta salad.
Ingredients: 8 servings
- 2 – 10 oz bags of steam fresh original Zucchini lentil pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 peppers yellow and red ( your favorite color ) , cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries and blueberries
- ¾ c. strawberry balsamic dressing
- ½ c. grated parmesan
- ½ c. feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. freshly minced parsley
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package’s directions.
- Prep the veggies and fruit . Then in a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing, parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper.
- In the large pot, combine the pasta, veggies, and dressing. Stir until combined. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1 cup pasta
9 grams protein
4 grams fat
25 grams carb