Tart cherry is the trending superfood of 2018. These cherries have a bright red pigment and contain 20 times more Vitamin A than sweet ones. They can reduce muscle soreness and gout symptoms and can improve sleep habits, brain health and even your immune system. Thomas Jefferson University Hospital dietitian, Emily Rubin, recently appeared on Fox29 where she showed viewers how to make a tart cherry smoothie and we have the recipe!
- Always choose “unsweetened” tart cherry juice
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before drinking tart juice
- No one food alone is a superfood—Variety makes for the best superfoods.
“Superfoods” Tart Cherry Smoothie
makes 2 – 16 oz servings
245 calories (2 servings; 16oz per serving), 17 grams protein, 40 percent calcium
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 2 cup cherry chia kombucha
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Unsweetened vanilla pea milk
- 1 1/4 cup Frozen banana