Here’s an on-the-go breakfast muffin that’s less than 200 calories. Made with olive oil and ricotta cheese, this healthy muffin is moist and delicious.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners and lightly coat liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine ricotta, water, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg. Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar over batter. Bake for 22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010