Warm up a winter night with this easy beef chili recipe. It’s made in one big pot and feeds a gang. It’s low calorie but full of flavor.
- 2 lbs 95% fat free ground chuck
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped, optional
- 4 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cans (15 oz each) no-salt-added kidney beans
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz) tomato purée
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, cook beef until browned. Drain beef and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, jalapeños and garlic and sauté until onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add reserved beef and remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010