Enjoy a vegetable pizza for lunch or a light dinner. Dress up a store-bought crust with hummus, squash and zucchini. It’s quick, easy and healthy.
- 1 (14-inch) thin pizza crust
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Black pepper to taste
- 5 Tbsp hummus (original flavor)
- Lightly coat pizza crust with nonstick cooking spray and heat in oven according to package directions. While pizza crust is heating up, lightly coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Add vegetables and sauté until onion is translucent. Add black pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove pizza from oven, leaving oven on, and spread with hummus. Arrange vegetables evenly on top of hummus. Heat pizza for 1 additional minute.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010