If you or someone you care about has a neurological disorder, you should know that specialists at Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience have the expertise and experience to diagnose and treat the full range of neurological conditions.
From Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease, to brain tumors, aneurysms, AVMs, and stroke, as well as spine and spinal cord injuries and disorders. Jefferson neurologists, neurosurgeons and other professionals are recognized leaders in their fields.
Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience is the only dedicated hospital for neuroscience in the Philadelphia region. It’s where that the most advanced treatment technologies, world-class specialists, and leading research come together.
Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience has been the first to offer leading-edge treatments and technologies including:
- Fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery (also known as stereotactic radiotherapy)
- Gamma Knife®
- Shaped Beam Surgery™
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery utilizing a robotically controlled microscope
- NeuRx DPS™, an FDA-approved device that helps individuals with certain types of spinal cord injuries breathe on their own again
Leaders in the Treatment of Neurological Disorders
Jefferson University Hospitals recently earned a rating as among the best in the nation in Neurology and Neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report, in the magazine’s Best Hospitals 2013-14 report.
At Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience, we consistently achieve positive outcomes in neuroscience and are proud to share the following measures of excellence:
- Stroke. The Jefferson Acute Stroke Center is one of the most advanced centers in the United States for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and research of stroke.
- Epilepsy. The Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy Center is among the nation’s most respected, focusing on research, diagnosis, and treatment for persons with seizures; performing the most surgical operations, and participating in the most investigational drug trials of any epilepsy center in the Delaware Valley.
- Spinal Cord Trauma. Jefferson is both an accredited Level 1 Regional Trauma Center and a federally designated Regional Model Spinal Cord Injury Center. In affiliation with Magee Rehabilitation Hospital, Jefferson is Delaware Valley’s only Model Spinal Cord Injury Center, as designated by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research.
- Clinical Trials. Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience partners with the National Institutes of Health and leading pharmaceutical innovators to develop advanced interventions and drug treatments for acute and chronic neurologic conditions.
- Patient Volume. Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience annually treats the largest combined volume of brain tumors, spinal cord injury, aneurysms and AVMs in the Philadelphia region.